Michigan - Sophomore (Born 1992)
6'1" 187 lbs
- 6'6" wingspan
- big time scoring point guard
- very efficient shooter
- good three-point shooter
- solid free throw shooter
- great playmaker
- takes great care of the ball - low turnovers
- great pick and roll player
- great experience running a high powered offense
- decent speed
- a year older than most other sophomores
- a little small for the NBA
- not much of a leaper - poor vertical
- takes a lot of shots for a point guard
- needs to get physically stronger
- might struggle to finish at rim against NBA players
- relies on his jumper too much
- can be very streaky (look at this year's NCAA Tournament performance, for instance)
Trey Burke offers an intriguing package of scoring and playmaking that will surely get him picked early in this year's draft. Whether he can overcome his lack of size and average athleticism is the real key to his NBA future.
For more NBA draft player profiles, visit our 2013 NBA Draft Consensus Mock Draft
I think I like him? Will he go in the lottery you think? Heard he might be slipping down some mocks...
@CollegeWolf He might be slipping a bit, but still won't fall out of the top 10. He should be a decent pro.