Derrick Rose recently re-upped with adidas on a contract that could earn him north of $200 million over the lifetime of the deal. Now while this is obviously good news for Derrick Rose, it is also good news for basketball sneaker aficionados the world over, as adidas continues to pump out great shoes designed for D-Rose. We loved the adidas adiZero Crazy Lights that came out last year; we really love the recently released adizero Rose 2.5.
First off, as you can see from the photo above, these shoes are really easy on the eye (black, with touches of red and white, have to be my all-time favourite colour scheme for kicks). Just as important, they are super-comfortable and super-light, with better ankle support than the Crazy Lights (although the ankle support on the Crazy Lights are good, also). They almost make me feel like I can dunk again (but everyone knows that guys with a bald spot the size of mine can't dunk).
Here are the key "talking points" of the shoes, straight from adidas' press release:
- The fourth signature shoe for reigning NBA MVP and three‐time NBA All‐Star Derrick Rose of the Chicago Bulls
- At 11 ounces, its the lightest signature basketball shoe he has ever worn to provide next level speed and support for the second half of the season and NBA Playoff run
- The toe box features a brushed synthetic material with hardwood heather texture and iced outsole to tie to the NBA All‐Star uniforms.
- Inspired by the adizero Crazy Light, the upper features premium SPRINTFRAME and enlarged SPRINTWEB area to reduce weight, add support and allow maximum control
- The GEOFIT memory foam collar provides optimum comfort and fit, especially with Derrick’s adizero Speed Wrap Ankle Brace
Grab a pair of the kicks here: